The Role of FACC Members
The roles and responsibilities of Committee Members as determined by the Department for Transport guidance are as follows:
- To represent the views of their appropriate organisations; although personal experience can be useful, Members should represent the views of their wider organisation or stakeholder group.
- To respond to appropriate questions from their stakeholders with support of the Secretary, the Committee or the Airport as appropriate.
- To filter inappropriate and/or nuisance questions as relevant.
- To take an interest in all issues being discussed at meetings and be prepared to seek advice from others in their own organisation (such as Officers in the case of Local Authority representatives).
- To communicate the key messages and work of FACC to their organisation, stakeholders, the public and wider communities.
- To have mutual respect for the views of other Members.
- To respond to requests for views on consultations from the Secretariat.