Department for Transport Guidelines & Expectations of Consultative Committees
The DfT outlines its guidelines and expectations for Consultative Committees as follows:
- The Committee should make recommendations to the Airport and other bodies and provide opportunity to reach a common understanding between interested groups.
- The Committee should recognise the wider role of the Airport as an important local employer and influential driver in the local economy.
- The Committee should consider the local environmental impacts of the Airport.
- The Committee should hold the Airport to account by monitoring the implementation of commitments made by the Airport and challenging its performance (e.g. monitor the implementation of commitments made).
- The Committee should be independent, representative, knowledgeable, transparent, constructive and effective.
More information can be found in the DfT Guidelines for Airport Consultative Committees (April 2014) PDF and on the DfT’s Airport consultative committees guidelines page (both links open in new tab).